Citizenship Through Naturalization

Naturlization is the way to becoming a U.S citizen for forigen nationals, having meet certain conditions

Typically, inorder to apply for U.S citizenship, an indivudal mus be a perminant resident at the time of the application. Some exceptions apply to certain Army personal serving outside the United States

You May Qualify for Naturalization if:

  1. You have been a permenant resident for five years (except of you aquired your permenant status through marriage, then 3 years), and you must qualify under certain requirments.
  2. You must have been a permenant resident for 3 years if you gained your legal status through marraige to a U.S citizen.
  3. If you are in the U.S army you may qualify for U.S citizenship under certain conditions.
  4. Your children may qualify for U.S citizenhip having met certain requirments.

You may qualify for U.S citizenship even if you didn’t qualify through reisdency or marraige, for more details, contact Attoreny Chelico

How to Apply for Naturalization

  1. The first step is to file the Naturlization form, form N-400.
  2. Military qualified individuals may file Form N-426, Request for Certification of Military or Naval Service, and Form G-325B, Biographic Information.
  3. Your child may qualify under section 322 of the INA, a Form N-600K, Application for Citizenship and Issuance of Certificate Under Section 322, may be filed on behalf of the child.

Note: If your parents or adopted parents became U.S citizens before you celebrated your 18th birthday, you may already qualify for U.S citizenship.

For more info about Naturalization, go to